Friday 20 June 2014

The Next Granny Square Handbag

If you follow my Facebook page you might know that a couple of weeks ago while sorting out my crochet cupboard I found no fewer than eight nearly (but not quite) finished projects... I made it my mission to complete at least one a week until my cupboard is an oasis of calm.

Here is one of them, finished last night, my second Happy Granny Bag.  After making the first one back in April (see post here) I decided that (1) it would be improved with a fabric lining and (2) a shoulder strap would be more my style. So I raided my stash for some colours that I liked and got started...

From this:

To this:

Here is the back:


Here is a close-up of the lining (I am particularly proud of this because I don't very often use a needle and thread instead of a crochet hook):


And here are a couple of action shots, beautifully modelled by yours truly, hehe!



I think I might be becoming addicted to granny squares, I'm already plotting bag number three... 


No comments:

Post a Comment